Today, after Apple launched its new iPhones, TV and Watch, Microsoft took the advantage of Patch Tuesday and released a set of cumulative updates for Windows 10 users on Release Preview ring and on Production ring and now, they are releasingÂ Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16288 for PC & Build 15250 for Mobile for Windows Insiders on the Fast Ring! According to the changelog :
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
Windows Shell Improvements
- We fixed an issue resulting in the Facebook Messenger app failing to accept the enter key when sending messaging in recent flights.
- We fixed an issue where the â€śNewâ€ť text displayed under the names of newly installed apps in Start wouldnâ€™t go away after launching the app.
- We fixed an issue where using the letters in Start to jump to different locations in the alphabet wasnâ€™t consistently working in the last few flights.
- We fixed an issue where local app search in Cortana failed to return the expected app if the user profile directory contained non-ASCII characters.
- We fixed an issue where pressing WIN + X would sometimes not show the accelerator key underlines.
- We fixed an issue where when the People button was present in taskbar, and toast-only banners (for example from Outlook 2016) were sent, the Action Center badge counter would become inaccurate.
- We fixed a bug from recent flights where upon unlock youâ€™d be bombarded with any notifications that occurred while your PC was locked. If youâ€™d like to review notifications received while your PC was locked, they can be found in the Action Center
- We fixed an issue where pressing delete when using the full touch keyboard layout in UWP apps would input a period rather than deleting a character.
- We fixed an issue where the Pinyin IMEâ€™s emoji picker wouldnâ€™t load in recent flights.
- We fixed a tablet mode issue where launching the touch keyboard in UWP apps might sometimes take multiple taps on the edit field before the keyboard would come up.
- We fixed an issue where when using the Chinese (Simplified) handwriting panel InputPersonalization.exe could get into a state where it would unexpectedly have a continually high CPU usage.
- We fixed an issue with the handwriting panel where the â€ś&123â€ť and Emoji button didnâ€™t work when the device was in portrait orientation.
- We fixed an issue resulting in not being able to turn on the Japanese IME after the focus was moved from a UWP (like Sticky Notes) to another app and back.
- We fixed an issue resulting in a stutter when selecting long strings in certain single line editable text boxes (for example when naming favorites in Microsoft Edge).
- We fixed an issue resulting in not being able to type text via the touch keyboard into Internet Explorer when using the Japanese, Chinese, or Korean keyboards.
- We fixed an issue where the Dayi and Array IMEs couldnâ€™t input Chinese characters in certain apps in recent flights when using the touch keyboard.
Microsoft Edge Improvements
- We fixed an issue where the tab preview for PDFs was just black with two white stripes.
- We fixed an issue where the first time you used Ctrl + F in a tab the search box wouldnâ€™t get focus. We also fixed an issue where after clicking the Find on Page text box you might not be able to type in the address bar.
- We fixed an issue where sometimes the Hub would appear to open twice when you clicked the icon.
- We fixed an issue where typing a web address into the address bar from the New Tab and Start Page and would sometimes clear the text and not result in any page navigation.
- We fixed an issue where Ctrl + Click on a link in a PDF wouldnâ€™t open the link in a new tab.
- We fixed an issue where â€śOpen with previous pagesâ€ť wouldnâ€™t recover tabs if the tabs had been dragged between frames prior to closing Microsoft Edge.
- We fixed an issue which could result in uploads failing on some sites, such as Behance.net.
- We fixed an issue where website tooltips could end up displaying behind the Microsoft Edge window after opening a link in new tab in the background.
- We fixed an issue resulting copy/paste and the print dialog not working for those using the updated Youtube.com website design.
- Weâ€™ve updated editable fields in PDFs to now have a subtle color to help indicate that theyâ€™re editable.
- We fixed an issue resulting in PDFs potentially rendering blank after panning down a few pages and back up.
- We fixed an issue from recent flights where Alt + D wouldnâ€™t bring input focus to the address bar when certain keyboards were active.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Ghost Recon: Wildlands not starting in recent flights since the Easy anti-cheat component wouldnâ€™t load.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Mod Organizer no longer load mods into Skyrim in recent flights.
- We fixed the issue where USBhub.sys was causing spontaneous reboots due to bugchecks (GSOD).
- We fixed an issue where your PC might not go to sleep automatically after remoting into it and signing out of the remote session.
Other fixes and improvements
- We fixed an issue where Settings could crash if a Bluetooth device was turned off while the Bluetooth settings page was open.
- We fixed an issue from recent flights resulting in some Insiders experiencing an issue where Store apps would begin to fail to activate after being launched a few times.
- We fixed an issue where if the lock screen slideshow was set to a OneDrive folder containing offline-only images, these pictures would all be downloaded to the PC while the PC was locked (going through each picture). These pictures will now be skipped.
- If youâ€™ve encountered an issue where Spotlight appears stuck on a particular image, weâ€™ve added logic such that it should now reset after at most 7 days.
Whatâ€™s new in Build 15250 for Mobile
Two factor Authentication: We are excited to announce that weâ€™ve introduced a two factor authentication unlock mechanism for Windows 10 Mobile. With two factor unlock, an enterprise can enforce an additional security layer to their sensitive data via an MDM policy. Once two factor unlock is enabled, a phone user will have to enter a numeric pin followed by an enterprise-defined factor to unlock the phone. An example of an enterprise-defined factor is a companion device such as an NFC tag which can be used to unlock a phone using our Companion Device Framework sample app and documentation.
AppLocker Improvements: A number of customers have provided feedback on the warning prompts for apps that are blocked by enterprise policies. Weâ€™ve improved the UX and updated the MDM SyncML scripts associated with the policies. Application restrictions can be configured by either the ApplicationManagement CSP or AppLocker CSP.
VPN Improvements:Â In the modern corporate workplace, mobility is mainstream and secure access to corporate data via VPN has become the norm. We are bringing a range of improvements and features that enhance the reliability of VPN on Windows 10 Mobile. The key updates to our VPN capability are:
- Lots of reliability improvements for VPN connectivity in Windows 10 Mobile.
- IKEv2 Sleep and Power Enhancements.
- VPN completes all pending actions before sleep and disconnects.
- Automatic reconnection on resume.
- Force tunneled improvements for UWP platform.
- Proxy improvements for UWP VPN profile.
- Enabling MMS usage when VPN is connected.
General changes, improvements, and fixes for Mobile
- We fixed a regression that was introduced in build 15245 where the fingerprint reader on the HP Elite X3 did not turn on the screen. You needed to turn on the screen before you could use Windows Hello.
- We fixed some issues where the Maps app navigation would start navigating a route and after performing a reroute, would present a list of possible routes instead of adjusting to the current route.
- We also improved map-matching particularly for routes using ferries.
- We fixed an issue where an app using the routing engine (e.g. Maps) would timeout on providing the route if suspended for more than 30 seconds.
- We fixed an issue where tiles on the Start screen would occasionally be blank.
- We fixed an issue where a VPN profile that was created via the VPN Management API would always be a dial-up profile.
- We fixed an issue with the MDM policy used to control Build Flighting by Mobile Enterprise.
- We fixed a couple of navigation issues when changing from highway to highway (occasionally, signposts were copied from the original highway to the destination highway) and highway to non-highway (erroneous instruction to â€śenter highwayâ€ť).
- We fixed a rare issue where the userâ€™s call history was shown as corrupt after an upgrade.
We are surprised to see Windows 10 Mobile getting a bunch of Enterprise features being on feature2 branch but nevertheless, it is good that Microsoft still acknowledges Windows 10 Mobile internally .
Stay tuned to MSLeaks dor everything latest related to Tech!