Last week, Microsoft released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16170 the first Redstone 3 preview build. And we just discovered new hidden settings menu after doing a registry hack named : Samples.
These new panels of settings are used internally by the development team to carry out test cases for the Operating System build for future implementations. For example, fetching notifications from apps, progress bars, etc.
The procedure to unlock these settings follows here :
- Open Registry Editor by typing regedit in the Cortana Search box of typing the same in Run (Win + R)
- With the UAC prompt, click Yes and allow it.
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USERControl Panel using the address bar.
- Click on an empty space and hover up to New and click on DWORD (32 bit).
- Rename the create key to EnableSamplesPage and set the value to 1.
- Click OK to save changes.
- Restart the computer.