Motorola launched the Moto X Play smartphone back in 2015, it came with pre-installed Android 5.1.1 Lollipop operating system. The last official firmware update released by the company for the phone is Android 7.1.1 Nougat operating system. We are pretty sure that the Moto X PlayÂ (codename lux) will not receive any new firmware updates later from the company, officially. Here in this article, we will guide you how to download, update and installÂ Resurrection Remix on Moto X Play which is based on Android 8.1 Oreo ROM.
If you have Motorola Moto X Play smartphone and want to experience latest Android 8.1 Oreo features on your phone, then you are at right place. Just follow the article step by step to update and installÂ Resurrection Remix on Moto X Play which is based on Android 8.1 Oreo ROM.
Note: The RR ROM is still in initial build stage of Android Oreo, which may have few bugs. If anything happens to your device during the process, we will be not responsible for anything. So proceed at your own risk.
Resurrection Remix ROM for Moto X Play
Resurrection Remix (RR) is one of the best customÂ ROM which offersÂ most feature-rich and stability to the Moto X play. The ROM is based on AOSP ROM source code which means it will provide pure stock Android experience just like Pixels users. The ROM is based on Android 8.1 Oreo operating system along with latestÂ security patch updates. The version of theÂ Resurrection Remix (RR) is V6.0.0. The is packed with many new features from other custom ROMs likeÂ LineageOS ROM, Omni, ROM and Slim ROM and many more.
The RR ROM offers more customization, better performance, long battery life and more features compared to other available custom ROMs. The Android Oreo is the latest version of Android Mobile operating system released by Google. The new Android Oreo comes with many new features likeÂ picture-in-picture mode, new app notifications,Â Auto-fill,Â notification dots on app icons,Â Faster Android behind the scenes,Â Better copy and paste,Â Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode,Â Android Instant App compatibility andÂ much more.
- Â Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This process will delete all your device data. So, make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Make sure you have installed TWRP recovery on your device.
- Make sure your device is rooted.
- Download Android 8.1 OreoÂ Resurrection Remix (RR) ROM for Moto X Play
- Download GApps
How to Download and Install Resurrection Remix on Moto X Play based on Android 8.1 Oreo
- Download RR custom ROM and GApps files for Moto X Play and transfer them to the internal storage of the phone.
- Now, reboot your device into TWRP Recovery mode by press and hold volume up and power button together for some time.
- Use Volume Up and Down keys for navigation and Power key for confirming an option.
- Now, Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the custom ROM .zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main menu and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.