This build includes some great features and a good number of fixes .
As on Windows Blogs, Dona Sarkar states :
Do more at once with the new Compact Overlay window: Ever
want to continue watching a movie while switching app to check your
email? Or keep an eye on your video chat even as youâre browsing the
web? We do all the time! Some tasks donât require the userâs full
attention but is perfect to leave at the corner of the screen so weâre
introducing a new compact overlay mode for UWA app developers. When an
app window enters compact overlay mode itâll be shown above other
windows so it wonât get blocked. The best part is that compact overlay
windows work just like normal windows in all other ways so app
developers can tailor the experience with what they already know.
Updates to the Movies & TV app and Skype Preview app will take
advantage of compact overlay windows in the near future!
Introducing Dynamic Lock: Dynamic Lock automatically
locks your Windows 10 PC when youâre not around based the proximity of a
Bluetooth-paired phone. If your Bluetooth-paired phone is not found
near your PC, Windows turns off the screen and locks the PC after 30
seconds. To enable Dynamic Lock, make sure your phone is paired to your
PC via Bluetooth and go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options and toggle Dynamic lock to âonâ.
NOTE: See known issues below regarding a bug preventing PCs on this build from successfully pairing devices via Bluetooth.
New Share icon: Weâre introducing a new share icon.
Apps that used the âshareâ font glyph in Segoe MDL2 assets should get
the change automatically. You can read more about the change here.
Windows Game Bar improved full-screen support: We
got a ton of feedback on Game Bar and we are continually adding more
titles with this support. In this build, weâve added support for 52
additional games in full-screen mode with Windows game bar. As always,
just hit WIN + G to invoke Game Bar to capture a recording or
- Borderlands 2
- Call of Duty Black Ops III
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
- Civilization VI
- Company of Heroes 2
- Crusader Kings 2
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
- Dishonored 2
- Elite: Dangerous
- Euro Trucks 2 Simulator
- Europa Universalis IV
- Eve Online
- F1 2016
- Fallout New Vegas
- Far Cry 4
- Football Manager 2016
- Football Manager 2017
- Garryâs Mod
- Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete Edition
- Grand Theft Auto V
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
- Hearts of Iron IV
- Hitman â Full Experience
- Killing Floor 2
- Lineage 2 â The Chaotic Throne
- Mafia III
- Mass Effect 3
- Mechwarrior Online
- Metro 2033 Redux
- Metro Last Light Redux
- Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
- Mirrorâs Edge Catalyst
- Need for Speed
- Path Of Exile
- Planet Coaster
- Planetside 2
- Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare: Deluxe Edition
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2016
- Project CARS
- Source Engine Titles/Half Life 2
- Team Fortress 2
- The Sims 3
- The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
- Titanfall 2
- Total War: Attila
- Watch_Dogs 2
- World of Warplanes
- XCOM 2
Tip: You can control this feature through the Windows Game bar
settings. In the settings dialog, look for the âShow Game bar when I
play full-screen gamesâ checkbox. See Major Nelsonâs post on Game bar for more info on how to adjust settings for best game performance.
Other changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- We fixed the issue causing Tencent apps and games to crash or work incorrectly.
- Weâve updated OOBE so that if thereâs no detected audio output
device, for example with VMs, it now skips Cortanaâs introduction.
- [GAMING] We fixed the issue causing popular games may experience
crashes or black screens when trying to load due to a platform issue.
- [GAMING] We fixed the issue where Game Mode is enabled system wide
by default, however, the ON/OFF toggle in Settings will incorrectly show
it as being OFF until the user manually toggles the Setting to ON which
will cause it to update and accurately display the status of Game Mode
- We fixed an issue where the night light quick action was unexpectedly disabled in the last Insider flight.
- We fixed an issue resulting in audio going quiet each time the Start menu is opened after a SpeechRuntime.exe crash.
- Dragging apps from the all apps list to pin on Startâs tile grid
will now work. We also fixed an issue on recent builds where some tiles
might unexpectedly appear blank and with a name starting with âP~âŚâ
- We fixed an issue where Win + Shift + S wouldnât work to capture a
region of the screen if the Snipping Tool was already running. We also
fixed an issue where taking a snip with the Snipping Tool would fail on
4k monitors when 60-80% was selected.
- We fixed an issue resulting in âFnâ+âPause/Breakâ key not working to pause the checking progress when running chkdsk.
- We fixed an issue where resizing windows with a pen would be
unexpectedly slow. We also fixed an issue where resizing a window across
monitors with different DPIs could be unpredictable.
- We fixed an issue where the Windows Ink highlight preview wouldnât
be visible in Web Notes when Microsoft Edge was using dark theme.
- Weâve improved gesture recognition for 3 finger swipes on precision touchpads.
- We fixed an issue where a number of files with the name
GLOB(0xXXXXXX) could be unexpectedly found in the system root directory
- We fixed an issue where you couldnât rename disk volumes via File Explorer in recent flights.
- We fixed an issue where rapidly tapping a button to bring up the new
Share experience, for example in Microsoft Edge, could result in the
Share UI not coming up again until the device had been rebooted.
- We fixed an issue resulting the lists of thumbnails in Photos and Groove Music visibly shifting up when the app resumed.
- We fixed an issue where the Themes Settings page would blink when a theme was deleted.
- Weâve updated the help string on each page of Settings to be a bit more succinct.
- We fixed an issue resulting in not being able to type Ä on the Polish keyboard into the Settings search box.
- We fixed an issue where Cortana Background Task Host might have
ended up using an unexpectedly large amount of CPU in recent flights. We
also shorted the two factor authentication notification from Cortana so
that it wonât be truncated.
- We fixed an issue where the UI to input credentials wouldnât have
keyboard focus after initiating a remote connection to another PC.
- Weâve improved reliability when handling malformed Gifs in XAML-based apps.
- The icons should now be shown as expected instead of squares under Settings > Gaming.
Well, this is a preview right? So here are the known issues :
- [UPDATED] IMPORTANT: You may see âInitializingâŚâ when
attempting to download this build and the download progress indicator
shown when downloading this build may seem broken under Settings >
Update & security > Windows Update. It may look like youâre
getting stuck at 0% or at other percentages. Ignore the indicator and be
patient. The build should download fine, and the installation should
kick off. See this forum post for more details.
- While we fixed the primary bug causing this issue, some Windows
Insiders may still hit nonstop exceptions in the Spectrum.exe service
causing their PC to lose audio, disk I/O usage to become very high, and
apps like Microsoft Edge to become unresponsive when doing certain
actions such as opening Settings. As a workaround to get out of this
state, STOP the Spectrum.exe service and delete
C:ProgramDataMicrosoftSpectrumPersistedSpatialAnchors and reboot.
For more details, see this forum post.
- Going to Settings > Devices will crash the Settings app. You will
be unable to pair a Bluetooth device. Bluetooth quick actions from
Action Center also does not work.
- You will not be able to launch the Connect UX via Action Center, Win
+ K, or Settings (it will crash upon launch). This will impact wireless
- [GAMING] Some popular games might minimize to the taskbar when
launched. You can click on the game on the taskbar to get the game back.
- [GAMING] Certain hardware configurations may cause the broadcast
live review window in the Game bar to flash Green while you are
Broadcasting. This does not affect the quality of your broadcast and is
only visible to the Broadcaster.
- Microsoft Edge F12 tools may intermittently crash, hang, and fail to accept inputs.
- Microsoft Edgeâs âInspect Elementâ and âView Sourceâ options donât
correctly launch to the DOM Explorer and Debugger, respectively.
- Under Settings > Update & security > Windows Update you
might see the text âSome Settings are managed by your organizationâ even
though your PC isnât being managed by an organization. This is a bug
caused by an updated flight configuration setting for Insider Preview
builds and does not mean your PC is being managed by anyone.
- On some PCs, audio stops working sporadically with âdevice in useâ
errorâ. We are investigating. Restarting the audio service may fix
things for a bit.
- The Action Center may sometimes appear blank and transparent without
color. If you encounter this, try moving the taskbar to a different
location on screen.
- The icon for Windows Insider Program under Settings > Update & security is shown as a square.
This is all for the PC Build . Stay tuned to MSLeaks to stay updated to everything related to Microsoft!
Source : Windows Blogs