Today, 11th January 2017 marks Patch Tuesday of the Month and Microsoft has release the cumulative update : KB3213986 to the users which bumps up the OS version to 10.0.14393.693.
Please not that this update is released on the Production Ring i.e Publicly and according to Microsoft, it carries on bug fixes and reliability improvements that are :
- Improved the reliability of Groove Music playback in the background, App-V, video playback and Remote Desktop.
- Addressed issue where after successful fingerprint authentication on a device with the screen off, the screen does not turn back on.
- Addressed issue where only one input device works when you connect two similar input devices to the same machine.
- Addressed issue in the App-V Connection Group that allows users to have access to pieces of functionality that they were not designated to for access.
- Addressed issue that prevents users from selecting multiple certificates simultaneously through the UI.
- Addressed issue where the Request Control function does not work with Remote Assistance if the user being assisted is on Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2012.
- Addressed issue that prevents a smart card module from pairing with a contactless smart card reader.
- Addressed issue with license conversion of Server Core from evaluation version to a retail version.
- Addressed issue that prevents users from opening Internet shortcut (.URL) files with Internet Explorer when Enhanced Protected Mode is enabled.
- Addressed issue that prevents users from logging on if a device has been away from the corporate network over a period of time.
- Addressed additional issues with Microsoft Edge, clustering, Internet Explorer, Windows Update, input devices, facial recognition, Logon, Hyper-V, PCI bus drivers and Windows Kernel.
And, the following are the known issues :
- The Cluster Service may not start automatically on the first reboot after applying the update.
- Users may experience delayed or clipped screens while running 3D rendering apps (such as games) on systems with more than one monitor.
Are you downloading it on your Windows 10 device right now?
Stay tuned to MSLeaks for everything related to Microsoft!