This is a very annoying issue that’s happening to a lot of Office users recently. A command prompt window pops every hour or so and it might annoy users playing games or watching movies and it might disturb their overall experience. Microsoft has already rolled out the fix for those in slow ring Insider Program but for those who are not in Insider program, head below to learn how to fix it.
- Search for â€śTask Schedulerâ€ť in Cortana/Search
- Right click on Task Scheduler in the search results and run as administrator
- Once the Task Scheduler opens up, click theÂ chevron to expand the Task Scheduler Library
- Expand Microsoft, and then click on Office
- After that, youâ€™ll see a task called â€śOfficeBackgroundTaskHandlerRegistrationâ€ť â€” simply right click and hit disable
That’s it. Following the above steps should fix the problem. Do try this tutorial and let us know in the comments section if this worked for you