A big update has been released for OneNote this week. After a few tests with Windows Insiders, the update has been rolled out for public.
A no. of changes and new features makes it very interesting. But, the main thing which makes it more interesting is its new design. Yes, the new design. The main reson behind the whole redesigning of OneNote is to maintain visual consistency across platforms.
- OneNote Reimagined: It’s easier than ever to organize your notes with an improved layout. All of your notebooks, sections, and pages can be found in columns on the side of the app, efficiently navigable with screen readers, keyboards and more.
- Resolve page conflicts: Page conflicts sometimes happen in shared notebooks. We’ve made it easier to find and resolve the differences. Pages with conflicts will be marked with a triangle icon.
- Your pages, your way: Page previews provide a glimpse of what’s in your notes by showing the first few words of text on the page, and a thumbnail of any pictures.
- Hide subpages: Create more room in your page list by collapsing your subpages. Select one or more pages, and from the right-click menu, choose Make Subpage.
- Find text on a page: Use Ctrl+F to quickly search for a specific word or phrase on the current page.
- You’re the expert with Tell Me: Click the light bulb in the upper right corner of the app window, and simply type what you want to do in OneNote using your own words. Tell Me will guide you through the process as well as offer additional resources such as Help or Smart Lookup.
- See what’s changed: When someone else changes content in your shared notebook, we’ll make the page or section name bold so you know.
- Nickname your notebook: Add a nickname to your notebook to make it more personal and easier to find.
- Change the notebook color: Red for work, blue for personal? Change the color of your notebooks to keep things organized.
Well, that’s quite a no. of changes. These changes are specially for frequent OneNote users around the world. One of the best thing about the changes made is the new design. This design may become beneficial for the users using OneNote in different platforms. Go ahead and download the new update from here.
Try the new update and tell us about it in the comments below.
Stay tuned to MSLeaks for everything latest related to Tech!