About two days ago, Windows 10 Build 17046 was released for Windows Insiders on the Fast Ring for PCs. This build has got some hidden code for the upcoming new game bar with Fluent Design.
This game bar currently does not support Acrylic or anything else but the overhauled game bar is now larger in size and shows up the time. We expect more features to the Game bar as this is officially rolled out to Windows Insiders in the near future.
Here are all the changes found with the new game bar :
- The awkwardly small Prussian Blue Game Bar has been replaced with a much larger transparentâ€”soon to be acrylicâ€”bar
- The Game Bar now supports light and dark modes
- The entrance and departure animations have been refreshed
- The flipping Xbox Live avatar bubble is gone and replaced with a simpler Gamertag readout
- Shortcuts to your Xbox Live profile, Mixer profile, recordings folder, and settings have been added
- A clock has been added, reminiscent of the clock that appeared when opening Charms on Windows 8
- Some broadcast settings have been promoted to toggle buttons and switches on the Game Bar (e.g. capture video, audio)