Microsoft brought their all new web browser for Windows 10 to Android and iOS (in Beta) last month as a part of providing their services to all their customers on all the major platforms. Since then, they have been working really hard to make it better to be properly compatible with Windows 10 PCs. Now a new update is rolling out for Microsoft Edge which brings a handful of new stuff.
As per the changelog posted, here is what is changed :
- This update includes password syncing. To enable it, go to “…” menu > Settings > Your Account > Sync passwords. For your security, you’ll need to sign in to your personal Microsoft Account again with Two-factor Authentication. Please try it out and send us feedback if you run into problems!
- Battery usage optimization: some of you told us that your phone heats up or otherwise consumes more battery when you use Edge. We looked under the hood and found a few optimizations. Let us know if you continue to experience high battery consumption.
- Improved left/right swiping to go back and forth between pages.
- Added support for actions and activities extensions, such as sharing sites, saving sites to Notes, adding sites to Pocket, etc.
- Dark theme – try it out in Settings
- Fixed a bunch of other bugs!
With this rate at which this browser is being made feature rich, we expect it to become publically available very soon. Do you see this update on your iPhone? Let us know in the comments below!