Xiaomi launched the company first Android One phone back in September last year, called Xiaomi Mi A1. It comes with pre-installed Android 7.1.2 Nougat operating system out of the box, now itsÂ upgradable to Android 8.0 Oreo(Android One) OS. Here in this article, we will guide you how to download, update and install Android 8.1 Oreo on Xiaomi Mi A1 which is based on LineageOSÂ 15.1 custom ROM. Thanks to the XDAÂ Senior Member abhishek987Â for releasing the unofficial firmwareÂ build fo LineageOS 15.1 which is based on Android 8.1 Oreo for the Xiaomi Mi A1 smartphone.
Xiaomi Mi A1 code name tissotÂ comes with 5.5-inchÂ 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution display. It is powered byÂ 2.0 GHz Octa-coreÂ Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625 processor under the hood along with Adreno 506 GPU on board. It has 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB internal storage with micro SD card slot on board. It featured with dual 12-megapixel cameras on back and 5-megapixel camera on front side. It is packed withÂ Non-removable Li-Ion 3080 mAh battery withÂ Fast battery charging 5V/2A feature. It also has a fingerprint scanner on the back.
If you have Xiaomi Mi A1 (Tissot) smartphone want to install or update it to the latest Android 8.1 Oreo OS, then you are at the right place. Just follow the article, step by step to update, download and install Android 8.1 Oreo on Xiaomi Mi A1 which is based on LineageOSÂ 15.1 unofficial custom ROM.
Note: The LineageOS 15.1 is still in initial build stage ofÂ Android 8.1 Oreo, which may have few bugs. If anything happens to your device during the process, we will be not responsible for anything. So proceed at your own risk.
- RIL (Calls, SMS,Â Data)
- IR Blaster
- VideoÂ Playback
Whatâ€™s not working
- You Tell Us
- Â Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This process will delete all your device data. So, make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Make sure you have installed TWRP recovery on your device.
- Make sure your device is rooted.
How to Download and Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Xiaomi Mi A1 based on LineageOS 15.1 ROM
- Download LineageOS 15.1 custom ROM and GApps files for Xiaomi Mi A1 and transfer them to the internal storage of the phone.
- Now, reboot your device into TWRP Recovery mode by press and hold volume down and power button together for some time.
- Use Volume Up and Down keys for navigation and Power key for confirming an option.
- Now, Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the custom ROM .zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main menu and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.
Thatâ€™s it. Now your Xiaomi Mi A1 is running on Android 8.1 Oreo operating system based on LineageOS 15.1. If you are facing any problem in any step, let us know in the comment box.