The announcement trailer of Iron Galaxy and Maximum Games’ Extinction makes it look like a combination of absolute blade-wielding skills of Dishonored and fluid free-run elements of the Assassin’s creed series.
Set to release in 2018, the announcement trailer was recently dropped, and the game looks truly promising.
“Extinction is absolutely relentless,” said Kraig Kujawa, Game Director at Iron Galaxy. “We’re really happy with the fast, fluid feel of the game and we’re looking forward to showing it behind closed doors at E3.”
“As the protagonist tasked with a huge undertaking – both in fighting enormous ogres and saving humans from disaster – each player’s experience will be varied, as the landscapes and battle situations are never identical,” said Derek Neal, Executive Producer at Maximum Games.
In the fast paced blade-slashing action game, you’ll be fighting hordes of giant ogres and minions across the countryside, defending cities and villages and rescuing people people whose homes have been ravaged by the hordes.
Here are some screens and key features of the game: (source – WorthPlaying)
- Deep Story Campaign. Protect the human population across an abundant story campaign, rescuing as many civilians as possible and taking down brutal opponents.
- Dynamic Side Missions. Complete numerous side missions with various objectives, earning upgrades to aid you in your campaign.
- Skill-Based Combat. Travel horizontally and vertically, perform wall runs, and use your whip as a vault to perform devastating air assaults. Master dynamic combat maneuvers to effectively traverse the giant beasts and expose their weak points, progressing along different skill trees to develop a path best suited to your playstyle.
- Interactive Environment. Move freely around a fully destructible environment, and use objects throughout the world to your strategic advantage.
- Innumerable Battle Scenarios. Every battlefield is different from the last, ensuring a unique combat situation each time you play.
- Custom Battles. Create custom battlegrounds with varied objectives, and challenge players online to compete for the top score.
- Extinction Mode. Fight off a continuous horde of assailants as wave after wave of ogres and their minions attack without relent.
Extinction would be available on PC, PS4 and Xbox platforms in early 2018.
Until next time, stay tuned to MSLeaks for all things tech!