Here in this article, we will guide you how to download, update and install Android 8.1 Oreo on Galaxy J7 Prime which based on LineageOS 15.1 custom ROM. The LineageOS 15.1 custom ROM is developed by XDA¬†senior developer¬†¬†DarkLord1731¬†for Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime. The ROM is one of the best custom Custom ROM for the Galaxy J7.
Samsung Galaxy J7 was launched back in 2016 with pre-installed Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow operating system out of the box. Later, the company released the Android 7.0 Nougat OS firmware update for the phone, officially. It came with a 5-inch display with Full HD pixels resolution. It was powered by Octa-core¬†Exynos 7870 processor under the hood along with¬†Mali-T830 MP1 GPU on board. The phone packed with 3300 mAh capacity battery inside. It has 13-megapixels camera on the back side and 8-megapixel camera and the front side for selfies and video calls.
If you have Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime smartphone and want to experience Android Oreo features on it, then you are at right place. Here we will help you to flash or update your Galaxy J7 Prime to Android Oreo. Just follow the article, step by step to download and install Android 8.1 Oreo on Galaxy J7 Prime based on LineageOS 15.1 Custom ROM.
Note: The LineageOS 15.1 is still in initial build stage of Android 8.1 Oreo, which may have few bugs. If anything happens to your device during the process, we will be not responsible for anything. So proceed at your own risk.
- Ril (Mobile¬†data, calls, SMS and stuff)
- 2D and¬†3D¬†GPU acceleration
What’s not working
- Video¬†recording @1080 is slight laggy
- Sometimes¬†screen¬†on delay once after a reboot(Same as in RR)
- GPS¬†(Device¬†Only)¬†GPS¬†in e=general should work
- HW Acceleration in media playback
- ¬†Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This process will delete all your device data. So, make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Make sure you have installed TWRP recovery on your device.
- Make sure your device is rooted.
- Download¬†Android 8.1 Oreo LineageOS 15.1 for Galaxy J7 Prime
How to download and install Android 8.1 Oreo on Galaxy J7 Prime based on LineageOS 15.1
- Download LineageOS 15.1 custom ROM and GApps files for Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime and transfer them to the internal storage of the phone.
- Now, reboot your device into TWRP Recovery mode by press and hold volume down and power button together for some time.
- Use Volume Up and Down keys for navigation and Power key for confirming an option.
- Now, Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the custom ROM .zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main menu and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.
That’s it. Now your Galaxy J7 Prime is running on Android 8.1 Oreo operating system based on LineageOS 15.1. If you are facing any problem in any step, let us know in the comment box.