MacBook Air is one of the hit products from Apple. They are planning to launch MacBook Air with a cheaper price tag compared to older ones. Ming-Chi Kuo is Apple analyst of KGI Securities. He stated that the launch will happen during the second quarter of 2018.
He estimates 10-15% increase in shipments with the decrease in price. Currently, the 13 inch MacBook comes with 8 GB RAM, 128 GB storage, i5 processor dual-cores operating at 1.8 GHz. $999 is on-going price tag but MacBook Air re-launch in Q2 comes at the lowered price.
Kuo stated his predictions on the entry of 6.1 inch iPhones this year. The news is not official yet. Apple aims to ship 6 million units of MacBook in this year. There will be no major changes in specifications between the old and new MacBook Air except few internal upgrades.
What will be new in Apple MacBook Air?
Here are the new Macbook’s specifications are as follows:
- Display : 13.3 inch
- Storage : 128 GB PCIe-based SSD & 256 GB PCIe-based SSD
- Processor: 1.8 GHz dual-core i5
- Memory: 8GB LPDDR3
- Height : 0.3-1.7 cm
- Width : 32.5 cm
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 600
- Video Support: Thunderbolt digital video output
- Operating System: macOS High Sierra
- Accessibility: Voice over, Siri, Text to Speech, Switch Control, Zoom and Reduce Motion.
- Camera : 720p FaceTime HD
- Battery: 54-watt hour lithium polymer battery
- Price: $999
Apple is facing tough competition from Xiaomi, One plus, Samsung in smartphones division. Reports indicate the drastic decrease in sales. Apple is not in losses but Tim Cook is under pressure. To counteract the situation, they are coming with 6.1-inch mobiles (not official yet) and cheaper MacBook Air. Steve Jobs launched MacBook Air at MacWorld Expo in the year 2008. Updates were done till 2015 and were stopped as Apple focused completely on MacBook and MacBook Pro.